p7 Crystal Mill

The Crystal Mill was built in 1893 to provide compressed air to a Sheep Mountain mine. The structure that leads down to the Crystal River is called a penstock, according to a display in the Marble Historical Society’s museum, which is open Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm until early October. Photo by Lynn “Jake” Burton.